Remarkably, despite my usual skills with the soldering iron which meant I ended up using three metres of wire and about fifteen metres of solder flux, the front light is still working, although it has shown a tendency for the bulb to fall out every so often.

Such is life.

Having got used to having the hub dynamo, not thinking about batteries or having a clip on light cluttering the handlebars I wonder how I managed without this for the best part of fifteen years. Mind you, the real test will be winter and all that cycling on unlit cycleways. First impressions are that it’s built for letting others see me rather than riding through fields in the dark, but we shall see…

Advertisements